Houston-based Goodman is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. . Goodman’s products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. For more information, visit www.goodmanmfg.com.
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Branch Manager position. This position manages the branch’s operations and staff with accountability for sales, customer service, profitability, productivity and loss prevention. Communicates and enforces store goals and policies and ensures compliance with security, sales, safety and record-keeping practices. Maintains accurate records of purchases, sales, and requisitions and reviews store reports to identify areas of waste. Monitors inventory levels. Oversees store housekeeping, maintenance, and repair. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careersatgoodman.com and submitting your resume.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the branch including staffing and ensure that the assigned duties of all personnel are completed on a daily basis in a timely manner
- Maintain sales – review/edit, credits, negative inventory, damage inventory and cash reconciliations. Communicate regularly with branch customer base to establish and maintain strong relationships. Enter all sales calls in CRM
- Process purchase orders, research low stock and receivables and process branch payables, audit cash drawers and truck metrics. Remain current with warranty processing, and follow up quickly on rejections
- Stay current with cycle counts and keep dead stock at a minimum
- Maintain ample levels of inventory to meet delivery and service expectations of all branch customers
- Review P&L; hold safety meetings, security reports, maintain facility
- Oversee all aspects of profit center (operations, sales, admin, etc.) working closely with Credit Department at Corporate to determine appropriate credit level and resolve any credit issues
- Develop plans for increased branch profitability/productivity
- Responsible for building and maintaining morale in the branch by demonstrating leadership qualities and setting an example for staff, promoting teamwork both within the branch, local team and within the region. Make sure employee’s aspirations are being met/followed with proper training and guidance and assist them at reaching their full potential
- Ensure all training is completed as required including on-line training
- Ensure Mincron procedures are correctly followed
- Approve employee time in Kronos
- Conduct mid year and annual performance appraisals for all direct reports
- Provide Regional Operations Manager (ROM) any requested branch specific information and provide vital information in a timely manner
- Complete all tasks on the Branch Manager’s monthly/daily checklist and act as a safety leader. Conduct weekly safety committee meetings. Complete any Flash reports within the required timeline and communicate issues/injuries immediately
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed and maintain a working knowledge of company’s benefits and employee handbook policies
- Proactively maintain branch staffing including working with the corporate recruiting team to add/replace staff as required
- Maintain a 93%, or higher, audit score
- Be available outside regular working hours in case of emergencies within the branch as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exposure to HVAC wholesale industry a plus.
- Computer Literate
- Management Experience
- Knowledge of warehouse/inventory
- Management of drivers
- P&L understanding
- Word, Excel, E-mail, AS 400
- Negative results on drug screen
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.