Inside Sales Technician – Vaughan, ON
April 10, 2018
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Inside Sales Technician position at our Vaughan, ON branch. The person in this position will bew Responds to customer’s inquiries or complaints regarding the organization’s products or services. Makes periodic calls to existing customers to determine satisfaction with the organization, products and services. Determines best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to the organization’s policies. Coordinates problem resolution with appropriate departments. Informs customers of standard procedures or resolution of problem. Follows up, either verbally or in writing, to ensure customer satisfaction. Must be knowledgeable of the organization’s policies, procedures, practices, products and services. Sells the organization’s products and services by calling prospective and established customers. Maintains sales programs within assigned territory by keeping customers informed about available services, supplies, prices and new products. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careersatgoodman.com/
and submitting your resume.
• Answer parts line.
• Order processing.
• Executing all aspects of the sales function including order inputting.
• Existing account management.
• Relationship development.
• Serve as primary contact with accounts.
• Process purchase orders and requests for quotations.
• Provide customers with product and delivery information.
• Work closely with manufacturing personnel to meet customers’ requirements.
• Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items.
• Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery.
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner.
• Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
• Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
• May provide direction.
• The inside sales / customer service representative will work cooperatively with sales and other members of the company to grow existing customers, create new customers, increase sales while increasing customer satisfaction.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
• 6+ years experience
• Prior telemarketing sales experience preferred.
• General Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Customer service skills.
• Answering of phones and directing calls.
• Good verbal skills – must be able to explain fairly technical parts information clearly.
• Written skills – must be able to communicate via email effectively with customers.
• Organizational skills.
• Must be honest, hard working and intelligent.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to handle high call volume.
• Excellent and confident customer support skills and positive disposition.
Houston-based Goodman is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. . Goodman’s products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. For more information, visit www.goodmanmfg.com
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.