Parts & Service Co-ordinator-Region of Peel
Parts & Service Co-ordinator
If your knowledge base combines general automotive parts and inventory control systems, and you want to be part of the team that keeps our fleet vehicles on the road in good working order, the regular, part-time role of Co-ordinator, Parts and Service, with Peel Regional Police is for you.
As Parts and Service Co-ordinator within our Fleet Services Department, you’ll be responsible for co-ordinating and maintaining appropriate, efficient automotive stock levels to service all Peel Regional Police fleet vehicles.
Working 28 hours per week, between 10:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday to Thursday, you will:
- Enter and verify data for work orders, using the Material Management Fleet Services software system.
- Maintain inventory levels of automotive parts, co-ordinate the acquisition and pricing of all parts, liaise with vendors and update current physical stock locations and descriptions.
- Process invoices related to all automotive expenses, using the Fleet and Asset Management software system.
- Purchase goods as per established procedures and compile data for financial activity reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of work orders.
- Drive vehicles to and from dealerships, parts pick-up, and other vendors, as required.
- Receive goods, as delivered.
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date filing system for all vehicles and vendors.
- Answer telephone inquiries and distribute messages.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
In the role of Co-ordinator, Parts & Service, you will apply the following education, experience and skills:
- A high school diploma, plus additional secondary school course(s) and/or training, e.g. automotive parts and inventory control, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of two (2) years’ directly related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of general automotive parts
- Demonstrated knowledge of inventory control systems
- MS Outlook skills
- Well-developed data-entry skills
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform all job activities
- A valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G) with full driving privileges
- Ability to successfully complete the following tests: Filing; Grammar; MS Outlook; Spelling; Vocabulary; Canada Back Fitness Test; Driver Evaluations; and Lifting – Inventory.
The wage rate for this regular, part-time position is $24.05 per hour.
Our Vision: A Safer Community Together
Peel Regional Police, the second largest municipal police service in Ontario, polices the cities of Mississauga and Brampton (population 1,346,000) and serves the 44 million travellers who pass through Toronto Pearson International Airport annually.
Peel Regional Police is acknowledged as one of Canada’s most progressive police services. A proactive approach to problem-solving, a dedication to professional excellence and a reputation for making the community a better place in which to live and work – these are the hallmarks of Peel Regional Police.
Qualified persons should apply online at www.peelpolice.ca, referencing Job ID #302070, by Tuesday, March 20, 2018. No agency contact and/or referrals, please.
Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a thorough background investigation that includes, but is not limited to, police checks with local, provincial and out-of-country law enforcement agencies, if required, education credentials, credit and financial inquiries, and personal and work references.